Coming up with different ways of engaging website visitors can be challenging for businesses. Your business must be willing to experiment and create content that gives customers a reason to spend more time there. Adding an interactive quiz for product recommendations is an easy way to use retention marketing.
Furniture store owners might be skeptical of how well this tool fits into their marketing strategy. You may think of them as something flimsy and annoying that visitors end up brushing past on their way to other areas. The key is making sure you design quizzes suited to your business and placed in such a way that they don’t interfere with the user’s experience on your site.
The Importance of Online Customer Engagement
Engagement helps you build brand loyalty in a crowded marketplace. It’s important to keep your business top of mind when customers find themselves in need of new furniture. Making this effort allows you to build and nurture relationships with your customers.
Other Benefits of Customer Engagement
- Customers Become Willing Advocates – Having your customers go out and spreading the word about their experiences with your businesses is some of the best promotion you can get. Many of them end up going out and sharing their experiences across social media platforms, increasing the reach of your brand.
- It Helps Improve Your Customer Service – Customer engagement efforts allow you to get a better understanding of what you shoppers like, and where you can make improvements to give them the offerings they’re looking for.
- You Improve Your Long-Term Outreach – Your marketing efforts benefit significantly from better knowledge about your customers. You can craft loyalty programs which appeal to your customers and encourage future purchase. The information gleaned can also help personalize the communications you send out as part of your marketing strategy.
Customers want to know you see them as something more than numbers on a spreadsheet. Acknowledging their humanity and importance beyond what you believe you can gain from them pays off in the end with a stronger bond of trust between you.
How An Interactive Quiz Boosts Your Marketing Strategy
Anyone who’s visited any news or celebrity gossip site ends up getting presented with different polls and quizzes soliciting your opinions on various topics. There’s no reason you can’t adopt these methods to your own furniture site. You can ask your visitors a series of about lifestyle questions to lead them to the perfect sofa style.
The key is making sure your interactive quiz relates directly to your business. Doing this helps feed you the type of insights needed to learn more about what drives customer’s purchasing behavior. You’re not limited to using quizzes on your website alone. Businesses can craft quizzes for sharing on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. That’s a great way of employing customer engagement to increase your brand reach.
Important Quiz Elements
Any quizzes you create should contain these crucial elements.
- Useful content – Think about what your audience wants as you begin outlining your quiz. What demographic do you tend to attract to your site? Which areas draw the most traffic? Keep things limited to the subject at hand. Don’t lose focus and add questions having nothing to do with your primary objective.
- Educational Information – You want your audience to learn something important as a reward for taking your quiz, an example may be: their sofa style preference or the best upholstery type for their lifestyle. Don’t make it a chore for users to get through your quiz. They’ll end up losing interest and bailing before hitting submit. This won’t provide you with any useful knowledge.
- Long-term relevance – Create quizzes that will be just as important a year from now as they are today. Trying to be trendy ends up making you sound out of touch to many portions of your audience. You want to show yourself as a brand built to last.
- Attention-grabbing questions – There are all sorts of information you’re competing with for your visitor’s time. Design questions that catch their eye with words and images and prompts the need to respond.
- Shorter is better – Avoid designing quizzes that takes a long time to complete. Shorter questionnaires make for a higher conversion rate. You’ll also see a higher response rate if you make the questions simple and easy to answer.
- Attractive Images – Show, not tell. Provide your customers with striking images relating to the quiz they’re taking. Doing this helps drive honest responses and more accurate feedback.
Turning Interactive Quizzes Into Effective Sales Tools
It’s time to start a crafting sales-generating interactive quiz. You should be willing to take the time to think through your questions and make sure everything ties together the way it should.
6 Steps To Crafting Effective Interactive Quizzes
- Ask the reader something about themselves. It’s a great way to catch their attention and get them to talk about a subject. An example of a question you could ask might be “King or Queen?” when promoting a new line of bedroom sets or mattresses.
- Get them to tell you what type of person they are. Adding this type of question allows you to learn where they fit in as far as the audience viewing your website.
- Put your questions in a grid format as you come up with them. That way you don’t end up duplicating items. Using this format gives you a way to view the cohesiveness of your questions to each other.
- Make your questions clear. Your customers shouldn’t be left wondering about the intent of your interactive quiz.
- Present your visitors with an option to provide you with their email address for additional information like a downloadable ebook or entry into a contest. Don’t make it a condition of seeing their results. That tactic only irritates visitors into abandoning your quiz.
- Provide them with a satisfying result. Craft the explanation with a positive tone in mind. Make sure it’s no longer than three or four sentences. You want to hold their interest and make them receptive to taking other quizzes in the future.
- BONUS STEP! Give them the tools to share their results on social media. Nothing says more about your company than when happy customers help to promote your brand.
An interactive quiz for online product recommendation is just one way you can add interactivity to your marketing strategy. MicroD can help you craft new tactics designed to keep visitors engaged with your brand. Let us help you refine your current approach to marketing by contacting us at (800) 964-3876.