Where did the time go? Summer has flown by with our travel bags going with them. If you follow MicroD on social media, you know we’ve been #OnTheMove at conferences and events around the country. To keep you updated on the trends, we’ll be sharing some seminar takeaways from the many conferences during the last two months!
3 Ways to Grow Professionally
At the WithIt Annual Professional conference, we learned so much! If you didn’t have a chance to join the ladies of MicroD this year, we hope you’ll reach out to us for the next event and tag along! For those who weren’t in Charleston, we have some incredible tips for you to grow in your own professional light.
- Leverage Your Network – Don’t be afraid to cash in your professional favors!
- Know Your Animal – Are you emotional or logical in decision-making? Do you make lists or wing it? Knowing your learning, leading, and working style is a key to successfully growing in your career.
- Breathe Your Brand – They say “those who can’t do, teach” and we disagree. Is your company’s mission–your brand–part of every decision you make, every post you write, and every meeting you plan? If not, find small ways to start breathing your brand into life.
Watch #OnTheMove with Dana Helms and Emily Stalvey at WithIt’s Annual Conference
MicroD #OnTheMove at #WithIt2017 !
Posted by MicroD on Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Social Selling and Storytelling
HFA Networking Conference is one of the best mid-year #onthemove inspirational breaks for our leadership at MicroD. We know it’s a great opportunity to reflect on the year so far, network with other professionals in our industry, and plan for the seasons ahead. A constant theme of this year’s HFA Networking Conference was about the theme of why we attend every year: inspiration.
Through storytelling, we can share our brand’s inspiration. Through inspirational messaging, we can inspire others to join our initiative. During one particular breakout session from HFA Networking Conference, we talked about the power of layered storytelling and inspirational messaging.
- Storytelling is really just content marketing (HOORAY!)
- Your story isn’t JUST about the prices, the quality, or the value.
- USE influencers and user-generated content (as well as images) to get your story out in the universe
- Be consistent with the channels where you’re sharing your story. People are creatures of habit. Support the habit.
- Mix your storytelling with some promotional content–never oversell but don’t avoid selling altogether. That’s why we’re in business, right?
and here is the BIG one so pay attention…
YOUR STORY CAN BE THE THING THAT DIFFERENTIATES YOU FROM AMAZON
Watch #OnTheMove with Dana Helms at HFA Networking Conference 2017
"Where in the world in MicroD?" #hfnc2017 #myhfa #DiamondSponsor #OnTheMove
Posted by MicroD on Monday, June 5, 2017
IRCE, the Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibit, is one of the coveted go-to’s for technology companies around the world. MicroD sent our executive experts to find ways to improve our service to the MicroD clients. What did we learn? There isn’t enough time to walk you through just the 15% we were able to experience but we drilled down our SEO takeaways that you can do today with us!
- 55% of consumers start their product search on Amazon, only 39% start from Google.
- SEO touch points exist through the entire customer journey–not just the Discovery phase.
- WRITE BLOGS! Write more high quality, high word count content (including blogs) to please the LINKERATI
- Who is the LINKERATI? Linkerati is a term used to describe Internet users who are most likely to become the target of a link bait campaign. Linkerati have the capability to make an impact on website traffic flow due to their enthusiasm to generate and share links. They usually generate quality links that help websites to gain higher rankings in the search engines results. In doing so, they help websites boost their traffic, which can be redirected to more earnings via marketing products or services, selling promotion spots, or simply pointing links to information on other websites.
- Look for your longtail keywords right in Amazon!
- Incorporate keywords to help you rank in Position 0
- What is Position 0? It’s the Answer Card-style featured snippet in Google. It replaces the first organic results–including the Map Pack–and is one of the newest coveted spots to rank in Google searches.
Watch #OnTheMove with Ron Gordon at IRCE 2017
MicroD #OnTheMove at IRCE in Chicago! HOW EXCITING IS THIS?!
Posted by MicroD on Thursday, June 8, 2017
MicroD’s Chief Product Officer, Richard Sexton, will be giving a seminar at Las Vegas Market on the power of voice and visual search. Taking what we know in the home furnishings industry and what’s changing in technology, Richard will be teaching you everything you need to know. Come prepared to take notes!
If you can’t make it to Market and join the seminar, you can follow the MicroD Industry Insights blog to see more content on voice and visual search! Don’t forget to watch our Facebook Live #OnTheMove episodes!