Remember when MicroD talked about furniture eCommerce website trends and how to increase online traffic to your digital shopping cart?
Are you ever curious as to how many people actually shop online? These days it seems like everyone prefers to shop from home or on the go. And they anxiously wait to receive their shipments within 2-3 days.
Last year, a number of smartphone users that made a purchase from their device, reached 44% (WSJ). And those numbers keep increasing. This explains why retailers are having difficulties adjusting to the cyber-shopper era. Yes, even home furnishings retailers use a digital shopping cart.
Online shopping is taking the world by storm. When surveyed, 96% of Americans said they shop online. Yes, 96%! It sounds unreal until you find out that four out of 5 (80%) have already made an online purchase in the last month alone. Want to read our full guide to online shopping for retailers?
We had previously talked about the shopping habits of Millennials. But now, even your grandparents are getting the hang of it! Business Insider informed us that seniors and Baby Boomers are adopting mobile commerce. One in four (even with their share of the population) mobile shoppers in the US is over the age of 55.
It’s obvious that the top 10 are well-known cities, mainly metropolitan areas. And there is a reason for this. Americans shop differently depending on where they live. Online shoppers from metropolitan areas spend around $853 annually. Suburban shoppers spend $768 annually, while rural shoppers spend $684.
Ecommerce website had reported sales and purchases throughout the country. Now, MicroD is going to let you in on the top 10 most popular cities for online shopping. Did your city make the list?
- Dallas, TX – The city ranks among the top wholesale markets of the United States. These markets include apparel, gifts, and furniture, and hosts a larger number of tradeshows each year.
- Las Vegas, NV – Working in the home furnishings industry, Las Vegas should be no stranger. Las Vegas Market is the only major market in the West. It offers a unique cross-section of manufacturers spanning the furniture, home décor, and gift industries.
- San Francisco, CA – Home to 36 of the best design and furniture stores.
- San Diego, CA – 88% of households in San Diego have the internet.
- Miami, FL – Established in Miami, El Dorado Furniture is considered one of the most innovative furniture retailers in the United States. (Houzz)
- Austin, TX – Austin is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country.
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Houston, TX
- New York, NY
Are you in one of these cities or want to compete with retailers in the top 10 cities? Click here.