This position provides customer-focused product presentations through the acquisition and implementation of online digital catalogs. These will be used with our consumer-facing retail websites. The position ensures accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date product information within the product catalogs that we develop and maintain. He or she will work directly with VP-level individuals at furniture manufacturers to gain their trust and buy-in and explain the catalog development process and resulting benefits.
The Digital Merchandising Coordinator participates in the process of identifying potential catalog targets and their priority. They will take a hands-on approach by working directly with the manufacturer's IT group to facilitate the delivery of the appropriate product data to MicroD in a suitable format. They will collaborate with marketing and website implementation teams to fully leverage the product information so that visually appealing, accurate, and informative websites will result.
The Digital Merchandising Coordinator must possess a unique blend of business savvy and technical abilities, plus a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. They must enjoy spending time in the home furnishings market to understand the specific challenges and create innovative solutions to enhance online product presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reach out to Manufacturers by phone and in-person to present the benefits of working with MicroD to prepare complete and up-to-date digital product catalogs. Help establish a healthy level of trust and cooperation between the Manufacturer and MicroD.
- Work with the IT Group at the Manufacturer to facilitate the delivery of product data to MicroD in an appropriate format. Establish a business process so this information will be regularly updated as the Manufacturer's product line evolves.
- Prioritize catalog opportunities based on the requests of retailers and the overall popularity of the Manufacturer's brand.
- Work with Manufacturers and our Digital Assets Production team to augment and refine the data provided by Manufacturers so that an accurate, attractive, and informative product presentation can be achieved by our websites.
- Work with MicroD team members as well as our customers to research and understand the furniture industry's need for technology-based products and services.
- Monitor the costs and efforts required to prepare and maintain manufacturers' catalogs to ensure that appropriate margins are maintained. Develop improved business processes to streamline and control the costs incurred.
- Drive overall customer relationship management and marketing efforts to engage manufacturers in the home furnishings industry.
- Coordinate and plan digital content development to drive higher customer engagement and sales.
- Provide leadership in the area of establishing the strategic vision and direction for digital catalog development, taking into consideration online consumer shopping trends, competitive developments, merchandising, product offerings, pricing profitability, and website sales that are supportive of and contribute to the achievement of the company's strategic goal and key initiatives.
- Analyze market trends/sales and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback (Business Acumen, Strategic Thinking).
- Understand the digital product catalog development process and how it relates to achieving objectives.
- Works with our manager of digital asset production to prioritize and conduct quality assurance processes as related to our catalogs.
- Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three or more years professional work experience.
Competencies expected of all employees include action-oriented, customer focus, functional/technical skills, informing, integrity, and trust.
- A service-oriented individual with a high-energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, email)
- Familiarity with basic database concepts and operations
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance working independently with being a collaborative team member
- Project management, sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
Other Requirements / Equipment Used
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making processes. Ability to understand a web platform and web presentation technologies.
- Software and Equipment Used: Microsoft Windows PC, Microsoft Office application suite, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine.
The position includes a competitive compensation plan and excellent fringe benefits. MicroD offers its employees the medical, dental, and other insurance; as well as paid holidays and time off. MicroD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free working environment. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes online with a cover letter explaining why they would be ideal for this position or to email@example.com, using the subject line: Digital Merchandising Coordinator
MicroD is a technology partner in the home furnishings industry; who has led the way with innovating online merchandising, eCommerce and website solutions for manufacturers and retailers. We focus on the customer journey by tying the entire experience together with consistent data and seamless connections using an Omnichannel approach that increases the customer experience. With four core offerings: an eCommerce, website platform; product catalog data; interactive product visualization; and electronic data interchange (EDI) solutions, MicroD highlights a smarter and faster way to generate traffic and increase sales.