The successful software developer for EDI Commerce will develop and maintain the Java- based software applications that comprise EDI Commerce. Prepare document transformations using XSLT, test transformations on the EDI development server, promote tested and confirmed transforms and profiles to the EDI production servers, and assist with troubleshooting the configuration of new and existing trading partners. The software developer will troubleshoot issues that arise within the EDI Commerce system, and perform routine maintenance on the servers and databases that are used by EDI Commerce.
- Participate in creating and maintaining applications that are critical for the MicroD to meet revenue goals.
- May participate in the development and maintenance of one or more applications simultaneously, and may also take a non-lead role in some projects.
- Assigned applications will include EDI Commerce application, EDI Web Connect, XSLT transformations, and other server-based EDI utilities.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS - BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent on-the- job experience. A Master's Degree in Computer Science is recommended.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Two years' experience in coding software applications.
- Experience developing applications for the Ubuntu (Unix) operating system.
- Experience in translating business documents to and from standard EDI and XML document formats.
- Experience in developing software with distributed components that communicate over the Internet.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical problems with software and databases.
- Two years' experience developing Java software applications using SQL on the Ubuntu (Unix) operating system.
- Experience developing XSLT and working with XML and X.12 documents.
- Development of software that process high volumes of transactions with a high degree of reliability.
- Development of multi-tiered applications.
- Development of login-restricted web services.
The position includes a competitive compensation plan and excellent fringe benefits. MicroD offers its employees the medical, dental, and other insurance; as well as paid holidays and time off. MicroD Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free working environment. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes with a cover letter explaining why they would be ideal for this position to email@example.com, using the subject line: Software Developer - EDI Commerce.
MicroD has over 20 years of success as a digital solutions and SaaS technology partner for retailers and manufacturers in the home furnishings industry. MicroD is the technology leader building world-class web-based product presentation and visualization applications, Internet web sites, electronic catalogs, eCommerce and EDI solutions for the furniture and home furnishings industry. Our products and services deliver inspiring and engaging consumer Web sites providing furniture manufacturers and retailers a smarter and faster way to sell more furniture. Fast growing, we have a play hard work hard culture with individuals who take pride in what they do.