The Product Manager is responsible for identifying new products and features designed to serve the technology needs of manufacturers and retailers in the furniture industry. This role involves conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; conducting demonstrations, and overseeing the quality assurance process.
The Product Manager will work closely with internal teams to increase the profitability of existing products, as well as in developing new products for the company. They will build products or enhancements from ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. They must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
This role will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The Product manager will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Works with internal team as well as customers to research and understand the furniture industry's need for technology-based products and services
- Recommends future product enhancements and features by presenting specifications and requirements to senior management
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Works with sales director and marketing director to develop product sales and marketing strategies
- Works with software development director to bring new products and features to market by analyzing software development requirements, preparing return-on-investment analyses, and establishing time schedules
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with operations, sales and marketing teams
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; and anticipating volume
- Works with software development director to manage and conduct quality assurance processes
- Conducts internal demonstrations of new products and features for training purposes; conducts webinars for client demonstrations
- Maintains internal- and external-facing platform roadmaps
- Supports sales as required
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Product Manager/Product Marketing; ideally in the Home Goods industry (not required)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making processes. Ability to understand a web platform, with a basic understanding of HTML and database structures.
- Ability to understand technical features and functionality as it relates to websites is preferable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Power Point are required.
- Employee must excel in working in a fast-paced, highly energized workplace.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some travel is required
- Drive, strong work ethic and a passion for creating valuable customer experiences and strong relationships
The position includes a competitive compensation plan and excellent fringe benefits. MicroD offers its employees the medical, dental, and other insurance; as well as paid holidays and time off. MicroD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free working environment. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes with a cover letter explaining why they would be ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Software Product Manager.
MicroD is a technology partner in the home furnishings industry; who has led the way with innovating online merchandising, eCommerce and website solutions for manufacturers and retailers. We focus on the customer journey by tying the entire experience together with consistent data and seamless connections using an Omnichannel approach that increases the customer experience. With four core offerings: an eCommerce, website platform; product catalog data; interactive product visualization; and electronic data interchange (EDI) solutions, MicroD highlights a smarter and faster way to generate traffic and increase sales.